Thursday, June 8, 2017

DIY Princess Slime

Everyone is making different kinds of slime these days. I never had any reason to make it for myself but I went to visit some family members a few weeks ago and decided my little cousins might enjoy it. While I didn't do this with my own students per se, my cousins are in second, fourth and seventh grade.




What you'll need:
  • a whole bottle of elmer's glitter glue
  • contact solution
  • baking soda
  • confetti (optional)
  • a sealable container to store it in
How to make it:
  1. Pour the whole bottle of glitter glue into a bowl. You may have to whip the bottle a bit to get the very end out.
  2. If you are choosing to add confetti, now is the time! You can use regular confetti but we chose to get some fun shapes we found in the store. Be careful if you choose ones with pointy parts like stars. Stir.
  3. In a separate cup, mix 1/4 cup contact solution and 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
  4. Pour your baking soda mixture into your glue mixture a little at a time. Each slime might be different so add as much as you need. You want it to me moist so it will stretch. It's ok if it's wet, it'll dry.
  5. Kneed it all around in your hands until its a big ball that doesn't stick to your hands. If there is any glue still on your hands, rub them on the slime and it'll absorb it.
  6. Make sure you have a container or some kind of ziploc bag to store it in so it does not dry out.
  7. Play and have fun!
Here's some pix of the finished product!







No comments:

Post a Comment