Saturday, September 12, 2015

The First Few Pages in this New Chapter

This week everything in my life has been changing. I've moved out of my parents house to the city where my grad school is... well sort of. I've put some stuff in my new place but I've had too much going on to move yet. I've started work in my new classroom, and I've started grad school courses. Which one would you like to hear about first? Grad school you say? Good here we go...

Grad school is so far pretty overwhelming but I'm trying to keep it together. I was having some trouble because I didn't bring a notebook or pen to class (what the hell kind of grad student am I). But I had my computer with me and I figured I'd take notes on that, until my professors started asking us to do things with paper. On top of that I was also having trouble registering my computer to the school's wifi. Anyway I got that all settled and now I'm just trying to keep up with my assignments.

Moving has been probably the most stressful part of my last few weeks. We have been slowly moving from our old city to our new city and having to travel back and forth since we don't have everything moved in yet. We also don't have our wifi and cable set up yet which makes getting my work done difficult. We did just get a bed delivered though so no more sleeping on an air mattress, that's a plus. Every few days we move some more stuff up so hopefully soon we can just be all the way moved in and stop going between both cities.

Work is going pretty well so far. I like my co-workers a lot they seem pretty cool and easy to work with. This job is a LOT different than my last job. My class that I will start taking over soon will be basically a class of older 2's and younger 3's that's being split into two classes during instructional times, I'll be taking over the older 2's. This job is a lot more structured than my last position, paperwork for everything and we are NEVER out of ratio, as in if I want to go to the bathroom I have to call another teacher to step in for me. I'm not complaining, it should be this way, it's just different. We also spend a lot of time outside. We also don't really do letter of the week crafts we do a lot more instruction, but also learning through play. Here's a peek at my circle time area:


No comments:

Post a Comment