Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Let's Play Catch Up!

Hello all!

  I haven't blogged for several months. I've been a bit busy and a little distracted with my outernet life (life outside of the internet).

But Fro... what have you been doing all this time?

I'm glad you asked!

Let's see my last post was in October and I was talking about wanting to finish my TEFL certification so that I could teach abroad. It took me a little extra time and effort but I have since completed my certification.

I'm still in the United States... months later. I just finished out the school year as a substitute. Some people I work with or who have been following my journey are asking if I'm still going. Well the plain and simple answer is yes, I'm absolutely still planning to travel and teach abroad. I'm hoping to be gone before 2019.

My original plan was to change countries every 6 months or so for the next 5 years, unless anything got in the way of that plan. Well my plans have changed a little bit. Now I want to go away for about a year and then come back to the United States and move to a different state. Preferably one warmer than the state I currently live in.

I'm still not ready to announce what country I'm planning to go to. Originally I didn't want to say because things were not set in stone. And good thing I didn't, because I've changed my mind about 3 times for what country I'm going to go to. But I think after some discussion with people close to me in my life and some research I've finally settled on a country that would be a good fit for me. But I'm still not going to say where until I have a job in place.

The same reason I've been distracted from completing my paperwork to live and work in another country is the same reason I now only plan to be gone for a year and come back. But.... I'm not ready to disclose that reason yet either. 

*Spoiler alert*
It's not a baby.

Everyone always thinks that when you get secretive about stuff.

In the meantime I'm taking some time off from things to focus on getting these things done and actually going. If I don't go now then I'll always look back and regret it.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment