Monday, August 17, 2015

Handprint Tu-tu

So one of my kids welcomed a new baby sister early yesterday morning and I wanted to show her parents that as her teacher I cared about their new edition to their family so I wanted to make something with their daughter that they could hopefully keep as a baby gift from their first born.

What you'll need:

  • Pink paint
  • Pink and white construction paper
  • Pink tissue paper (or ribbon)
  • A marker
  • Glue
  • Scissors
What to do:
  1. One at a time, paint the child's hands pink, place them on the paper slightly overlapping (see picture).
  2. With the pink construction paper cut out what would look like a pink tank top.
  3. Place the tank top on top of the handprints to create a ballet leotard (or tu-tu).
  4. Use the tissue paper or ribbon to cut a belt for the tutu to cover the separation between the tank top and the handprints.
  5. If you used ribbon it can be easier to tie a bow but since I was using tissue paper I cut some into the shape of a bow even thought it was a bit hard to see and do so I would suggest ribbon if you can get your hands on some.
The finished product:
It's not perfect but the idea is there. I thought coming up with a cute phrase would help get the idea across.

No comments:

Post a Comment