Friday, August 21, 2015

L Week- Laundry

Who doesn't love doing laundry when you're 2? It's never too early to learn about the good old days when we hung up laundry outside.

What you'll need:
  • Construction paper
  • Popsicle sticks
  • Glue
  • Crayons
  • Scissors

What to do:
  1. I didn't think this project needed to be so big and I didn't want to waste paper so I cut the paper in half on the long side.
  2. Give the child half of the paper and let them color all willy nilly however they feel like.
  3. On the other half, color grass and a sky with a sun in it.
  4. Paste 2 popsicle sticks to the paper and draw a curved line connecting them.
  5. Using the paper the children colored, cut out tiny little clothing items (shirts, pants, shorts, dresses, etc.)*
  6. Glue you tiny laundered items to your clothesline on the other paper. I added little clothespins to help make the idea more real.
The finished product:

*Note when doing things like this I like to turn the paper over when drawing the items I intend to cut out so I don't pick what ends up on the front. It's just random and if the kids drew on that spot or didn't that's what ends up on the item.


No comments:

Post a Comment