Monday, August 17, 2015

L Week- Lion Mask

Rawrrrr!!! I wanted to started the week out with a growl!

What you'll need:

  • Yellow, brown and orange construction paper
  • Paper plates
  • Stapler
  • Glue
  • Scissors
  • An adorable faced child
There are popsicle sticks in the picture because I originally intended to use them for the children to hold up the masks but the way I had to cut the paper plate it got difficult and I scrapped them.

What to do:
  1. Cut out the middle of the paper plate.*
  2. Cut the orange and yellow construction paper into strips.
  3. Cut the brown paper into rounded ears.
  4. Put glue on the leftover part of the outer circle where you want the ears to go and let the children place the ears on the glue.
  5. Drizzle glue on the remaining part of the paper plate avoiding the ears.
  6. Let the children place the paper strips on the glue.**
The finished product:
I would like to show it with a child's face inside it but I don't post my babies online without express written consent. Can't do it. It's not right.

*Note I tried cutting from the center and cutting around the circle but it got messy and I wasn't cutting it in a way that looked nice so I ended up cutting from the outside of the plate to get to the circle and then I stapled the plate back together later.

**Note when the children place the strips they probably won't be perfectly on the outside of the circle but it's important that the center of the plate it see through so the child's face can be seen. After the glue dried I cut out any part of the strips that were in the hole of the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment