Thursday, August 6, 2015

S Week- S Snail

This week's craft using the letter is a snail. I had to figure out a way to have the kids do part of this because I realized as I was planning it it was getting too complicated but eventually I figured it out and I think it came out cute.

What you'll need:

  • An S cut out
  • Construction paper
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Crayons
  • Eyes
  • Something to make a circular shape (I tend to use a small toy plate, it just seems to be the right size when I need a circle.)
  • Markers
  • Pencil

What to do:
  1. Use the S cut out to make S's in construction paper.
  2. Cut different color construction paper pieces in half the landscape way.
  3. Let each child color their half piece of paper however they choose.
  4. Use the plate (or whatever circular shape you have) to make a circle out of the now decorated paper. Save the scraps.
  5. Draw a swirl pattern on the circle.
  6. Glue the circle to the bottom of the S, the end of the S on top of the circle and the middle of the S under the circle (see picture).
  7. Use the scraps of the decorated paper and attach eyes to it, then cut eye stalks around the eyes and glue them to the top of the S.

 The finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment