Thursday, August 20, 2015

L Week- L Lights

I realized I didn't like how the wire for the lights came out. I wanted to use a smaller brush but I couldn't find one. I hoped using a small amount of paint would help make up for it but it didn't. In hindsight I could have used a black crayon. Smaller line, more control. 20/20 hindsight I guess.

What you'll need:
  • Construction paper
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Black paint (or crayon)
  • Paint brush
  • Marker

What to do:
  1. Cut out an L and glue it onto a piece of construction paper.
  2. Using the scrap paper from cutting out the L's, draw and cut out assorted colors of tiny light bulbs, the kind that look like christmas lights.
  3. Use a marker to draw some accents on the light bulbs to make it look like a light bulb such as outlines and horizontal lines to create what looks like the part you screw the light bulb in with.
  4. Drizzle glue over the L in a zigzag pattern over the L (think the way they do the frosting in the toaster strudel commercials).
  5. Let the kids place the lights on the glue wherever they feel.
  6. After the glue dries, use the black paint to make a wire that strings the light bulbs together on the screw sides.
The finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment