Monday, August 24, 2015

R Week- Rainbow

When I think R I think rainbows. And kids love rainbows to why not?

What you'll need:

  • Paper plates
  • Cotton balls
  • Glue
  • Scissors
  • Construction paper
I didn't realize the picture was so blurry but you can still see the materials I hope.
What to do:

  1. Cut up rainbow colored construction paper. (For those of you who haven't met ROY G. BIV, the colors of the rainbow are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). Now I think I cut my strips a smidge too wide but that's because I was only expecting a few children today so in my head I needed to cut the same amount of strips as kids, make them a little narrower than an inch to accommodate the space.
  2. Cut the paper plates in half.
  3. Drizzle glue on the paper plate, leaving some space on the bottom.
  4. Have the children place cotton balls on the glue to create a cloud.
  5. Put enough glue for one strip on the bottom of the plate. Doing the glue one strip at a time will help the children keep the colors in order. If you put a whole line of glue across the bottom the kids will likely just put their strip wherever they see glue.
The finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment