Thursday, July 16, 2015

G Week- Goldfish Bowls

I almost feel stupid for missing something so obvious while I was planning this. I wanted to do a goldfish bowl it seemed something simple I could do with the kids and I couldn't think of what to use as the goldfish! I knew not to expect 2 year olds to draw them, so I was mulling around ideas, making them out of tissue paper, construction paper, seeing if I could find a fish shaped stamp or stickers. Then while I was making lunch one of the children had those little goldfish crackers in their lunchbox and *bing!* lightbulb. They're literally called goldfish and are shaped like little fish how did I miss that?

What you'll need:

  • A bag of goldfish crackers (I chose to use the colors ones just for a little bit of extra fun)
  • Glue
  • A goldfish bowl coloring page
  • Crayons

What to do:
  1. Have the children color the fishbowl. Mine had some seaweed in it to I had them color that green and the water blue.
  2. Spread some glue onto the paper.
  3. Give the children goldfish to place on the glue.*
The finished product:

*Note I handed the goldfish to the children one by one so they wouldn't eat them while I wasn't looking but I did let them eat some when we were done.


No comments:

Post a Comment