Wednesday, July 1, 2015

E Week- Elmo

For my first project with my two year olds went well if I do say so myself. This week we are working on the letter E so I had the children make Elmo. 2 year olds love Elmo. One of the things I am trying to work on with myself is making sure my activities are developmentally appropriate. For you non-teachers that means I over-complicate my activities. So here's what we did:


What you'll need:
  • Red and orange streamers or tissue paper
  • Red and orange crayons
  • Glue
  • A picture of Elmo
  1. Print out a coloring page of Elmo
  2. Give the child the red crayon and have them color in Elmo's face (they'll scribble all over it but that's what we want)
  3. Use this as a teachable moment and have the child identify colors and Elmo's nose! Have them color Elmo's nose orange.
  4. Rip up the streamers into small pieces and spread a lite amount of glue onto the red parts of Elmo's face.
  5. Have the children grab the small pieces of streamer (I chose not to hand it to them. Fine motor practice) and set it on top of the glue wherever they want and tap it into place to make sure it sticks.
  6. Repeat step 5 with only one piece of orange streamer for Elmo's nose.


Here's (my) finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment