Friday, July 24, 2015

I Week- Iguana

I want to try each week to make a craft out of the actual upper case letter so I can at least have the children start to know what the letters look like. Finishing out this week we made an Iguana out of the capital letter I.

What you'll need:

  • Construction paper
  • An I cutout
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Eyes
  • Markers

What to do:
  1. Glue the I cutout to a piece of construction paper.
  2. Use the scraps from the green paper you cut the I out of to make 4 claws, a tail, and a head.
  3. Glue the 4 claws to the 4 ends of the I.
  4. Glue the tail to the middle of the bottom platform of the I.
  5. Glue the head to the middle of the top platform of the I.
  6. Attach the eyes upside down to the head.
  7. Draw a tongue above the head. I also drew spikes on it's back but I don't remember if Iguanas have spikes. But I didn't feel like being anatomically correct was that important.

Here's the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment