Thursday, July 23, 2015

I Week- Ice Cream Sundae

So I don't really feel like this was my best craft after it was finished. I see a few things I could have done better after they were done but you win some you lose some. If I ever do it again, I'll know what to do to improve it.

What you'll need:

  • Construction paper
  • Tissue paper (optional)
  • Coffee filters
  • Markers
  • Glue
  • Scissors
  • A spray bottle with water
  • Paper towels

What to do:
  1. Draw a half moon shape on a piece of construction paper.
  2. Cut out the half moon and glue it to a full piece of construction paper.
  3. Have the children color 2 (or 3) coffee filters with markers.*
  4. Spray the coffee filter with water. I don't suggest you saturate it but the smudge color effect won't take with too little water. I found 2 misty sprays to be a good place.
  5. Set the wet filters on a paper towel as the color will leak onto the table. Allow them to dry (shouldn't take long.)
  6. Glue the filters over the half moon shape to simulate an ice cream sundae.
  7. I chose to cut out a cherry from red tissue paper to make it look more like an ice cream.
The finished product:

What I would have done differently:
  1. I would have glued down the coffee filters first and the bowl over top of it too look more like scoops inside of a bowl instead of colored circles floating over a bowl.
  2. I would have made sure the bowl cut out looked more like a  bowl
  3. I would have places the cherry on one of the scoops instead of in the middle (I did that on the kids' though when I realized this)
  4. I would have added a spoon or something to make it look more like ice cream.


*Note I found after the first 2 I did that the coffee filters were much too big so for the remaining children I cut out and just had them color the small center circle in the bottom of the filter.



No comments:

Post a Comment